Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Spiro, We Hardly Knew Ye

So, back in June we took our first real family trip. We'd had other trips where we went to visit family, but we had never traveled, just the four of us, for the express purpose of going to a new place none of us had been before. We took a circle tour around Lake Superior and it was a blast. I didn't blog about it here because I blogged about it elsewhere (under my real name) and I really should blog about it here, too.

One of my favorite things was the coffee we bought in Canada. I of course nattered negatively every time we made some, and every time we had to explain to the kids why it was funny. And how can I throw this can away? If there's anything a member of the effete corps of impudent snobs, a member of the 4-H Club of the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history, should be drinking while she reports and writes, it surely must be Nabob Coffee.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:09 PM

    Um, 4-H is supposed to help kids feel in charge of what they are doing, not hopeless.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was continuing the lesser-known part of the quote. I do object to Mr. Agnew using the 4-H name in that way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:52 PM

    I kept our empty can of Nabob coffee for years.
    Other Mom

    ReplyDelete