Tuesday, May 12, 2009

What Are They Thinking?

I had a nice Mother's Day -- a Sunday NYT, breakfast in bed, dozing until 10:30...perfect. Maia's card was a little fill-in-the-blank essay about me called "My mom is the best mom in the world!" The bold words are Maia's answers, and no, she didn't call me Krupskaya, and no, I'm not quite sure why I still use that pseudonym when everyone else on this blog has a name.

Her name is Krupskaya.
She is 38 years old.
She weighs 100 something pounds.
She has brown eyes and brown hair.
Her favorite food is scrambled eggs.
My mom looks pretty when she smiles.
I love my mom because she makes good food.
The best present I could give my mom is a bracelet.


Very sweet, but hundred-something pounds notwithstanding, they need to stop focusing on how moms look, methinks.

2 comments:

  1. Wait a minute...I'm not 38, either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 30-something, 100-something, sounds good to me!

    ReplyDelete