Monday, October 27, 2008

Resolved: Proper Grammar and Punctuation Throughout the Campaign

My good friend Ethelred, who comments here occasionally, was tired of politicians dropping names and professions to endear themselves to voters. All those hardworking teachers, factory workers, and yes, plumbers were getting all the attention. It's time that an unrecognized yet powerful voting bloc get the props it deserves. Next time around, I think she should print up a bunch of them and sell them, because I would totally buy one.

6 comments:

  1. And the apostrophe on ’08 is going the right way. Yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Editors are freaks. One editor friend said she's mentally drawing three horizontal lines under the lower-case i, and another tells me Typographers for Obama would disapprove of the kerning.

    Thanks for posting, krup. I feel like I've made it big, being on Edit Barn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to say I would like it even better if it had the "delete" lines on the blacked-out letters. And yes, you definitely need the "bring together" lines. But you know, it's a work in progress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with ethelred's freak friend—I'm uppercasing that I, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous8:28 AM

    I'm forwarding this to my English teacher friends.
    Thanks.
    D.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is really funny. I'd buy that.

    ReplyDelete