Wednesday, October 01, 2008

A Glimpse At Our Parenting

Fade in

Matt: How old do you suppose John has to be to see "Slapshot"?

Me considers, then: Fifteen.

Matt: That's what I was thinking, too.

Me: And not in this house.

Matt: Yeah.

Me: He'll be over at Hockey Friend's house, and Hockey Friend, who has been watching it since, you know, now, will pull it out and say, "John, you ever see this movie?"

Matt: That's exactly what will happen.

Me: And I want to be far, far away when it does.

Fade out

6 comments:

  1. I've still never seen Slapshot. When I told my brother than, he was horrified.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you and John could watch it together. In, like, six years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:43 PM

    You've got me to thinking that I need to rent it. Will you need to explain anything to me?
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:44 PM

    Drink orders are often given as asking for the beverage one wants then adding "and none of that stinkin' rootbeer."

    I think 15 is great and at someone elses house is even better.

    Kate (aka mamakate)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:55 AM

    What age did your kids see Star Wars? We've been telling it as a bedtime story and might break it out for your nephew (and niece, by extension) this weekend.

    My father-in-law told your brother-in-law that when Darth Vader lifted that dude by his neck, he wasn't really dead; it just hurt him for a bit. That's the scene I'm most worried about.

    ReplyDelete
  6. newest stytle
    competitive price
    free shipping
    superior quality
    best after-service
    If you are looking for your favourites, please do not hesitate to take action.
    www.coiki.comwww.goocd.com

    ReplyDelete