Thursday, September 25, 2008

Seriously, This Just Makes My Brain Hurt

From Katie Couric's interview with Sarah Palin:

COURIC: You've cited Alaska's proximity to Russia as part of your foreign policy experience. What did you mean by that?

PALIN: That Alaska has a very narrow maritime border between a foreign country, Russia, and on our other side, the land -- boundary that we have with -- Canada. It -- it's funny that a comment like that was -- kind of made to -- cari -- I don't know, you know? Reporters --

COURIC: Mock?

PALIN: Yeah, mocked, I guess that's the word, yeah.

COURIC: Explain to me why that enhances your foreign policy credentials.

PALIN: Well, it certainly does because our -- our next door neighbors are foreign countries. They're in the state that I am the executive of. And there in Russia --

COURIC: Have you ever been involved with any negotiations, for example, with the Russians?

PALIN: We have trade missions back and forth. We -- we do -- it's very important when you consider even national security issues with Russia as Putin rears his head and comes into the air space of the United States of America, where -- where do they go? It's Alaska. It's just right over the border. It is -- from Alaska that we send those out to make sure that an eye is being kept on this very powerful nation, Russia, because they are right there. They are right next to -- to our state.


Allrighty then!

ETA: Here's the video, if you can stand it.



Again, editing to add this, because I love it so and it makes me laugh every time I look at it:

6 comments:

  1. Thanks, but I'll leave the video alone. But go, Katie! I like her follow-up question. "Explain to me why ..."
    OK. Now maybe I will watch the video. I say stuff like "I won't" and don't mean it. *hee*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooo, that means I have foreign policy experience! I've been to Canada at least 5 times. And I've been to Mexico twice. And one time, I was only 90 miles from Cuba. Top that Sarah Palin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I printed the Putin picture to hang at my desk. It made me laugh so hard, I was depleting my muscles of oxygen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, thank you for Putin's reared head. Made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here's my new favorite comment by Sarah Palin: "I know that John McCain will do that and I, as his vice president, families we are blessed with that vote of the American people and are elected to serve and are sworn in on January 20, that will be our top priority is to defend the American people."
    I think she's channeling George W.

    ReplyDelete