Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Sir, You Caught Me At A Really Bad Time

Me: City desk, Krupskaya.

Caller: I'm hoping you send someone down right now because all you people ever do is cover up what's really happening in this town and I mean right now if you send someone you'll see what's going on!

Me: Tell me about it.

Caller: I got a guy right outside having some kind of fit and hollerin' and bellerin' and wavin' around all over the place and my 91-year-old neighbor who's lived here for 18 years is moving out tomorrow because of this guy and it's gotta stop!

Me: What else does he do?

Caller (derailed): What else does he do? What else does he need to do? He's right outside having some kind of fit and hollerin' and bellerin' and wavin' around all over the place and my 91-year-old neighbor who's lived here for 18 years is moving out tomorrow because of this guy and all you people ever do is cover up what's really happening in this town and I mean right now if you send someone you'll see what's going on!

Me: You want us to check it out?

Caller: Yeah, I do! Even though all you people ever do is cover up what's really happening in this town and I mean right now if you send someone you'll see what's going on!

(Pause)

Me: Sir, people throw fits all over town every day.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:20 AM

    Don't you see what's going on here? This is totally related to the coal pile! If you don't see the obvious connection, please don't expect me to spell it out for you. --Ethelred

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bellerin'! Even if I didn't know where you live, I'd know where you live!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ethelred -- the problem is, I just don't CARE!

    Frog -- I know, I'm too obvious, aren't I?

    What cracked me up was how the guy repeated everything verbatim.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Having reread my notes from the conversation, I realize I forgot to include the phrase "out of his gourd."

    ReplyDelete