How to have a hooky day:
1. Work an extra day the week before so you can take the day with pay but without using up vacation time.
2. The night before, check beer supply.
3. Make sure the day will be cold enough that you don't feel guilty for being inside during daylight hours.
4. The morning of, take kids to school and day care. Explain to day care that you will be home all day. You don't need to go into details.
5. From 9-10:15 a.m., watch VH1 80s classic videos, Punk'd, Spongebob Squarepants, and Gamorah. At some point, grab a beer.
6. From 10:15-10:45, listen to various classic rock albums, including Dwayne Allman's early session work from the late '60s, Wilson Pickett's version of "Hey Jude," and Aretha Franklin's version of "Take A Load Off Annie." Discuss pros and cons of studio ownership of songs vs. artist ownership.
7. At 11 a.m., turn on Minnesota State High School Boys Hockey Tournament. Go Warroad!
8. At the end of the first period, prepare cheap, easy lunch: leftover brats or spaghetti with freshly grated parmesan. Grab beer.
That's where we're at right now. Playoff time is awesome.