Thursday, February 28, 2008

In Which I Heartily Endorse A Product

I got rear-ended on the way home by some dumbass who wasn't paying attention. (Those of you with access to scanners may have heard the call when the deputy ran my plates.) I'll spare you the details, but will say this: New Taurus? Scratches (no dents, no crumples) on the rear bumper. The Kia that hit me at about 25 mph? Thousands of dollars: buckled hood, crushed engine, burst radiator, etc. It was a hard hit, but you wouldn't know it by looking at the car. Right on. We'll see how my neck feels in the morning.

5 comments:

  1. This is really helpful. I'm planning to buy another car in a few months, and the new Taurus is way up at the top of my list. I have an '02 Taurus right now and I lovelovelove it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I can overstate my admiration. The other car was totaled. I'm sure I'm out of alignment and I'll have 'em check the brakes too, but the body is a tank. I'm thinking of calling my car Ironbutt from now on, but Matt thought that was a little insulting for a car with rocket jets on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suckage! And yet: Go Ironbutt!
    (And I hope you are ok, too.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our Taurus got rear ended a couple years ago, and the only damage was a crack in the plastic in the center of the bumper - nothing an Amy Klobuchar sticker couldn't cover up. Now, we're planning on slapping on a bumper sticker for Al Franken in its place. (BTW, I just attended my first county convention this morning, but I'm not saying which party ;) ).

    ReplyDelete
  5. critina2:03 AM

    This is a good way to use it in our daily life.I don't think I can overstate my feelings.I have not an Taurus right now, but I am keen on it very much.
    www.coiki.comwww.goocd.com

    ReplyDelete