Sunday, October 21, 2007

Sleepy

While singing "Jezebel" by Iron and Wine to Maia this evening, I started cataloging the lullaby songs we used to sing. Here's what I came up with.

Twinkle Twinkle
Rockabye Baby
You Are My Sunshine
Down in the Valley
Pretty Boy Floyd
"This Land Is Your Land," Woody Guthrie
"Grass Grass Grass," Woody Guthrie
Which Side Are You On
We'll Make America (Land All Can Love)
Solidarity Forever
Take Me Out to the Ballgame
"Feelin' Groovy," Simon and Garfunkel
"Behind Blue Eyes," The Who
"The Trees," Rush
"Sin City," Flying Burrito Brothers
"Paradise," John Prine
"Teach Your Children Well," CSNY
"Carry On/Questions," CSNY
"Jezebel," Iron and Wine
"Steal the Crumbs," Uncle Tupelo
"Coalminers," Uncle Tupelo
"No Depression," Uncle Tupelo
Minnesota Wild Fight Song
Minnesota Twins Fight Song
"My Darling Would Like Some Jam," Kuban folk song

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:14 AM

    I have a huge illogical crush on the Minnesota Wild fight song. It makes me get all teary and then I'm embarrassed because it's kind of silly to get choked up over a hockey team's fight song. (Oh, by the way, this is ethelred but for some reason I'm not being allowed to sign in.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get teary too! And then at the end with the banner on the stick! I am so with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. funnie6:42 PM

    Krup - cheesy, but true: you make me proud to be an American like seriously nobody else can.

    I don't know the fight songs, but since just about all the other ones make me teary (incl the cubbies' seventh inning stretch), I'll give you the benefit of the doubt there.

    CSNY! *killing* me.

    ReplyDelete