Monday, May 14, 2007

And Whose Bright Idea Was This?

Someone thought it would be a good idea to have a bunch of second-graders write essays about the physical appearances of their mothers for Mother's Day. Gee, thanks.

May 13, 2007
My Mom
My Mom's hair is as brown as a horse.
Her eyes are as brown as wood. Her nose
is nice. Her smile is as bright as the sun.
Her neck is shiny. Her shoulders are broad.
Her arms are strong. Her body is just the
right size. Her legs are strong.
I love my Mom because she is herself.
Happy Mothers day.
Love, JoHN

Gives you quite the mental picture, doesn't it? It made me cry, of course.

8 comments:

  1. Grace9:55 AM

    The shiny neck is my favorite part. :)

    He's so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Mother's Day, shiny wood horse strongwoman! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Kris. :)

    And yeah, mine too, Grace. Shiny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved the shiny neck part, too.

    And, yo. Check your email, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a great description. But man, that's a risky assignment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't think I've said this before, but I love your John.

    It's good to be just the right size, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw!!!!!
    Mine got to do fill-in-the-blanks about mom. The responses were quite amusing (esp as they are twins and both had the same sheet, but totally different answers!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yesterday the Boy told me, "Mom, you're the best mom in the whole world. Seriously. I wouldn't trade you, ever, unless someone offered me $100." Then he gave me the Eyebrow and the Grin, the little devil. What have I wrought upon the earth, I ask you?
    Shiny necks, unite.

    ReplyDelete