Sunday, March 04, 2007

No Autographs, Please


John played goalie today. The only worse thing than him playing goalie, believe it or not, would be if he played goalie and was good at it. Because then he would be labeled a goalie forever and we'd have to buy goalie equipment, which would require a small loan. So I guess it's good that John let in a few.

Besides, he doesn't have the constitution for it. He's not neurotic, he's not a loner, and failure doesn't break him, yet. When someone scores on him, he's probably out there saying, "Hey, nice shot."

Over tomato soup and grilled cheese tonight I said, "So, John, I'm just wondering...what does it feel like to have three players from the other team coming at your full steam with the puck, and not a single one of your teammates in sight?"

John gave me a level gaze and said, "I don't want an interview right now."

1 comment:

  1. Hee hee - soon Maia will be doing the "I vahnt to be ahlone".

    I'm just glad neither of my kids has expressed a desire to play hockey (6 a.m. on the ice at 5 and 6 years old? I don't think so!!!!)

    ReplyDelete