Monday, August 21, 2006

Today, The County; Tomorrow, THE WORLD!

My jelly won second place! BUT! In true fair style, I am stewing and plotting for next year, since the woman who beat me ALSO oversaw the open class competition! If that's not fraught, I don't know what is.

My downfall? As written on the back of my entry tag: "Bubbles." My jelly was much clearer and had a better color, but it also had bubbles.

Maia and John entered the coloring contest. Maia won first place in her age division, and got a huge beautiful blue rosette. She has been insufferable the last couple of days, announcing every once in awhile, "I won FIRST puh-LACE!"

John did not win anything. This was cause for some disappointment, but again in true fair style, he also is plotting for next year.

3 comments:

  1. Jelly!!!
    I bow to your Jelliness. I am being a total loser this year and not putting up ANYTHING. I will regret it come February, but there you are.
    Yay, yay for you! And damn those bubbles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So this woman is judging her own category? I cry foul. (FOUL!) Jellies. Judges. Pfft.

    As a second-place winner in the state fair scarecrow contest, I feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry, I just had to come back and say that I really like the word verification that just came up: ejilroko. Isn't that how you say "I've been cheated!" in Finnish?

    ReplyDelete