Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Soon, The School Year Will Begin. Soon.

"Maia, can I watch you make your puzzle?"

"Yah! It's my Thomas da Tenk Engine puzzle."

"Wow! You're doing a really good job!"

"Tenks!"

"Cool! Well, you know, it's not really your puzzle."

"Yah! Yeah, it is! It was in my woom!"

"Well, I remember when *I* got it for Christmas. I think that was before you were born."

"It IS my puzz-ow! It was in my woom!"

"Yeah, I suppose, but it's really mine. I'm just letting you use it."

"No! No it izzent! It's MINE!"

"Nuh-uh, Maia! It's mine! I got it for Christmas!"

"Nuh-uh! John! (stomping) IT! IS! MY! PUZZOW!"

"Maia, no it's not! It's mine! But that's OK! I'm letting you USE it! And when you're done, it can go back in my room!"

"It dozzent go in your woom, bikaz it's mine!"

"OW! Maw-wum! Maia pulled my hair! And now she stuck our her tongue and it hurt my feelings!"

"MOOOOM! John was pushing me away from my puzzle --"

"It's NOT your puzzle, it's MY puzzle, I got it for Christma--"

"-- and den I few down! And den he's looking at me!"

"She was looking at me first! And she took my puzzle out of my room!"

"I! DID! NOT! IT! WAS! IN! MY! WOOOOOM!"

"STOP LOOKING AT ME, MAIA!"

"YOU STOP LOOKIN AT ME, JOHN!"

And I, I am counting the seconds. Soon, now. Soon.

4 comments:

  1. Why does that sound so familiar?...

    And just think...some parents get to look forward to their childrens' boarding schools about to begin! =)

    (but oh well, not in our family either...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it's days like yesterday that make me think *I* want to go back to school. At a residential college. Far, far away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. heh hehehhhheeeeeeeehehheeeeh
    Today I got,
    "If you don gimme gum, Mama, I will hate you and not be yo dahta anymo agin."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yeah, I can relate. They left on the school bus 45 minutes ago. Can you hear it? The peace? The quiet? Ahhhh . . . .

    ReplyDelete