Wednesday, June 28, 2006

And Thus Began My 36th Year

We bought a lot of beer yesterday. A 24-pack of Molson Canadian, because we like to keep our Canadian on hand. Some Guiness and Harp, because I felt like a black-and-tan with our filet mignon dinner. Matt wanted to try the new Budweiser select, just to see what it was like. So we had that all piled on the counter before supper. John walked by and said, "Wow, I see you bought a lot of beer! That's because I know you like beer and you're going to drink a lot of it because it's your birthday, right? That's what you like to do, isn't it? Drink a lot of beer on your birthday? I'm going out to play! See ya!"

8 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KRUP!! *smooch*

    Hope it's your best year yet.
    Amazon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smart kid, that John!

    Happy birthday!

    And Molson Canadian? Ugh! I AM Canadian and I can't stand it. The Guinness, the Harp - all good. Now you've gotta try a little Upper Canada Wheat beer. Or Sleeman (another Canadian brewery) - their Honey Brown is awesome.

    Yep, now I want a beer. fyi:I satisfied the Blizzard craving yesterday :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, that's what you like to do, isn't it? Isn't it? ISN'T IT??
    Which is of course one reason I like you so much.
    Happy Birthday, you! (I shoulda known you were a Cancer. I love me some Cancers.)
    And you know, if you guys ever came out here for a visit and it was your birthday, I could take you on a Birthday Beer Tour. Cause we are a Brewery Town. Nudge, nudge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday C. This is an identity switch from an earlier blog life! The elderly Brits are still into blogging, and love yours. We'll be over the pond some time eventually and threaten to look you all up... and no, you can't possibly be 36..your parents must be VERY young!! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday!

    I found your site because I just did a post about Budweiser Select. What did you think of the beer?

    Love how kids are so perceptive. My son will actually COUNT the empties in the morning if we don't get them into the recycle bin before hand. And make sure to let us know how many we have had. Sometimes I have to think to myself "I've become such a freakin' lightweight!".

    Occasionally though, we are able to really enjoy. Until the kid does the official count. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The only Canadian you should have on hand, is me.

    HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY KRUP!

    And I second the rec. for Sleeman Honey Brown. Yummaaaay.

    ReplyDelete