Monday, May 01, 2006

Jake? Elwood!?

I got a new cell-phone number the other day. (Woot! With the area code I actually live in!) It belonged to a woman named Tracy who gets her medication from Walgreens (you might want to run and pick that up, girl; they've been calling for awhile). I get a lot of messages left for Tracy, and I don't answer my phone unless I recognize the number.

Over the last couple of days, I've gotten a few calls from an 866 number. I answered it today, just out of curiosity. It was a voice robot and had this to say: "This is an automated message from [company], which contracts with your cell-phone provider. A person at [click] THE COOK COUNTY JAIL [click] is attempting to contact you through our company. If you would like to accept a phone call from a person at [click] THE COOK COUNTY JAIL [click], please call the following number..."

You better think -- think! Think about what you're tryin' to do to me.

5 comments:

  1. That was me. I can't believe you wouldn't take my call!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:26 PM

    Happy Workers Day, hon.
    Luv, Suezboo

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're on a mission...from Gad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Suez -- I was going to blog about May Day, and I just didn't have it in me that day.

    PK -- From Gad! LMAO! We've taught John to say, "The Band? The BAND?...The Band! THE BAND!"

    Orange -- I thought you were already out on parole?

    ReplyDelete
  5. all of a sudden those calls I constantly get for the nice Bed & Breakfast in Ione that has the same # as my cell phone (but different area code) aren't all that annoying...

    ReplyDelete