Monday, March 13, 2006

Back in the Groove

I'm done with my self-induced hiatus. I was focusing the vast majority of my creative energies on making sure the house closed last week. Obviously, it worked! So now I am free to worry about other things. Like getting new content on this blog. To get back into it, I'll throw out a couple of memes -- one today, and one tomorrow.

This Four Things meme is from my friend Niki -- please shield your eyes before you click over to her blog, as the cuteness from her year-old twins can cause damage to the unprotected eye.

Four jobs I’ve had
1. Inbound telemarketing operator -- yes, a real, live operator standing by.
2. Bread plant worker. Bread factory? It wasn't a bakery. It was an industrial-strength bakery. I got to take a loaf of bread off the line on my way home, which was just so Soviet-feeling I could hardly stand it.
3. Box-taper at a bottling plant. There was a bad night when the mountainberry fizz was going into the cloudberry bottles, but I just stood out of the way and wondered if anyone would really be able to tell the difference.
4. Sports editor and copy editor at my college newspaper.
(Niki listed Wendy's cashier and noted she won the best drive-thru voice award. I am sure this did not happen the evening I went through the drive-thru when she was working and made a total and very loud ass out of myself, because I was just that kind of friend: "Can I take your order?" "NO! YOU CAN'T TAKE MY ORDER! WHY ARE YOU BOTHERING ME?" and so on.)

Four movies I can watch over and over
1. Star Wars -- just saw it again yesterday
2. Field of Dreams -- I know, I know
3. All the President's Men
4. Nightmare Before Christmas

Four places I have lived
1. Omaha
2. Franconia Township
3. Evanston, IL
4. St. Petersburg, Russia

Four TV shows I love
1. Battlestar Galactica (the new one)
2. The Prisoner
3. Firefly
4. Any baseball or hockey

Four places I’ve vacationed
1. Salzburg
2. The North Shore of Lake Superior
3. Ft. Robinson, NE
4. Palo Alto, CA

Four of my favorite dishes
1. Chicken wild rice soup
2. Pepper steak at the Glockenspiel
3. Asparagus risotto
4. A spinach pizza

Four sites I visit daily
1. A private feminist board
2. www.democraticunderground.com, although I don't post there anymore
3. Television Without Pity. I dream of writing like this.
4. Google

Four places I would rather be right now
1. In a hot bath
2. Spring training
3. On a road trip
4. The North Shore. Oh, wait!

3 comments:

  1. RE your telemarketing job... "'P' as in 'pneumatic'" still makes me giggle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What, you mean "'p' as in 'ptarmigan'? 'H' as in 'Hmong'?" Hee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:10 PM

    Your friend Niki is lucky to have a friend such as you, I'd have said 'Yes, I order you to.......' lol

    ReplyDelete