Sunday, November 06, 2005

Technical Difficulties

I have some bad news for you all. Our computer has died, and it's entirely my fault. (Stupid laptop, keep your screen on!) So this will cut down my blogging in the coming days or weeks, until we figure out what to do, or until I lose my fear of blogging form work, which is what I'm doing now.

In the meantime, you can help me ponder the meaning of a beautiful and intriguing drawing John made a week or two ago at school. It shows him standing on a cloud, smiling and waving. The rest of the picture is colored in carefully with blue marker so hardly any white paper is left. At the bottom he wrote in his best handwriting: "I belong to god."

My son, the Jesuit.

4 comments:

  1. Hello? Is this thing on?

    Anyway, John told me the assignment was "draw something that you belong to" and that other examples were hockey teams, clubs, and "my family." John said he was the only one who came up with God.

    Oh, and it's not John on the cloud. It's God, dressed in a a rainbow. I've got to scan that picture in; it's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:48 AM

    Love to see it.

    Does he attend sunday school?

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, he doesn't. Hmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sheena1:22 AM

    You never know where kids get things from. My uncle got married when I was three, and during the church ceremony my mother overheard me say to my 7-year-old brother, "Is that God?" (in a typical toddler stage-whisper, while pointing at the priest).

    I was too young for Catechism classes, so I don't quite know what happened there.

    ReplyDelete