Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Christmas City, Wonderful City

John and Maia were in a parade last weekend. They were on the Sons of Norway float, dressed as Norwegian mice. John was busy working on coming down with a fever and sore throat the whole time. Matt said that halfway through the parade, he saw John waving and crying.

"Hey, HEY!" Matt said, running over to the float. "Are you OK?"

"I don't feel so good," John whispered, smiling and still waving, tears running down his face.

"C'mon, buddy," Matt said. "We can get off here and head back. You don't have to do this if you don't feel up to it."

"No," John said. "I want to finish the parade."

The show must go on. Even with a temperature of 101 in 30 degree mist.

The woman running the float tried to take a picture of Maia and John together. Someone wanted to be in a picture all by herself:



Until the woman said, "Come on now! We need to take a picture for your grandmas and grandpas."

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh. Your children are cutie pies!!!
    I hope John is already on the mend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe how OLD they are! Holy God, Krup!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, they're adorable!

    my parents have a similar picture of my sister and i, except at a wedding. i'm doing just fine, and my sister has just been told she's not allowed to stick her finger in the wedding cake any more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG. I don't know whether to tell you that we absolutely positively must get these girls together, or that we absolutely positively MUST KEEP THEM FAR APART. I love love love those kids! And that John, what a trooper.

    ReplyDelete