Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Chapter Three

The envelope was thick and heavy, made of yellowish parchment, and the address was written in emerald-green ink. There was no stamp.

John must have seen me reading the books, or heard me talking about them, or noticed them all in a box together. He started reading the first one the other day. It starts slowly, and he abandoned it. I offered to read it to him, and he agreed. We've started "morning chapter," which means I read to him at breakfast, since I work at night.

I read the above passage to him for the first time. The excitement he felt was the same I felt the first time I read it, and I was so pleased to be a part of that.

Turning the envelope over, his hand trembling, Harry saw a purple wax seal bearing a coat of arms; a lion, an eagle, a badger, and a snake surrounding a large letter H."

Excerpts from Harry Potter and the Sorceror's Stone. Natch.

No comments:

Post a Comment