Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Shopping List

After picking up John from baseball one day last week, I told the kids we were going to get a surprise and go down to the lake. I meant animal crackers and lemonade, but the two of them had their own ideas. This conversation was conducted in stage whispers.

John: Maia! Mom's going to get us a surprise snack!

Maia: YEAH!

John: I wonder what it's going to be.

Maia: YEAH!

John: Maybe it will be Dairy Queen!

Maia: YEAH!

John: But probably not.

Maia: YEAH!

John: I know! I bet I know what it is!

Maia: WHAT?

John: Auto parts!

Maia: YEAH!

4 comments:

  1. lol.

    Auto parts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you sure it was John and Maia in the back seat? Because it sounds like Matt and Maia...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! Auto parts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL!
    I like Maia's part. I can just hear her.

    ReplyDelete