Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Enough of These Questions! Time to Get Serious!

You might not know this, but May 21 is Armed Forces Day.

On May 21, 2005, we will hit the 1,348th day after September 11, 2001.

The 1,348th day after December 7, 1941, was August 16, 1945 -- two days after VJ Day.

Some would say the comparison means nothing. You can't compare the two wars. That we aren't in a war right now, because Congress hasn't declared it, and so we aren't under any War Planning action, and so on.

*shrug* I'm just sayin', is all.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for saying this. What happened to me was the excuse for starting these wars, but they're being fought, truly, on my behalf by the soldiers putting themselves in harm's way. And I'd never put that thought together before, and could never put my finger on why I care, why I care that other people don't care, any of it. That's why.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Portia, you were at the front of my mind as I wrote this.

    ReplyDelete