Thursday, April 21, 2005

Moving is Hard

John is excited about one particular house we're looking at Up North. It's a log home with 20 acres of woodlands, on a bike trail, a couple of small outbuildings, one of which he's already named his fort.

We were talking last night about moving. He says he's scared and excited at the same time: "I want to move, and I don't want to move, you know?" I told him I feel the same way. But it was hard not to cry in front of him when he asked, quietly but earnestly, "Mom? Will I even remember this house?"

1 comment:

  1. Oooo...that John, knowing already how to tug on heart strings, and philosophize, with the best of the Conlans.

    Maybe you can draw parallels between you and the Ingalls, and how they had to leave the Big Woods, and then Plum Creek, for the prairie. It always helps to latch onto a familiar adventure, and then show how it's also material for his future storybook collection that he will eventually write, too.

    ReplyDelete