Ten Things I've Done That You Probably Haven't
1. Nursed an infant while getting my teeth cleaned at the dentist.
2. Gone into the voting booth and seen an ex's name on the ballot because he was running for a federal-level seat.
3. Been an undocumented worker.
4. Danced with Cossacks.
5. Seen my kid hit a ball at the HHH Metrodome (all right, it was during Twinsfest, but still!).
6. Gotten a ride in a Russian police jeep with the blue light on top flashing.
7. Seen the sandhill crane spring migration at Grand Island, Nebraska -- while wearing combat boots! (I had to throw that in there, because quite a few people who read this HAVE seen the cranes at GI.) About half a million cranes! It's awesome.
8. Eaten at a restaurant where the menus given to women had no prices on them.
9. Been a part of a crowd of 1 million people.
10. Ordered "a ham and cheese sandwich, please, without ham." (In German.)