Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Annoyance

I want to say right now that I know there are typos in this blog. For all the cover letters I've been sending out bragging that "my editing skills are second to none," etc., I know that when I'm typing fast I miss things. But then, I'm not getting paid to write this blog.

I've found two typos in Augusten Burroughs' new book, "Magical Thinking." One was a homonym error and the other was a style error. This morning I found a homonym error in the cheap paperback I'm reading. People get PAID to edit these! ARRRGHGGHGH!

***************
Psycho Kitty makes reference in the comment below to Flash Arapahoe. The Fabulous Flea was holding a contest for the best stripper name, which is found by taking your childhood pet's name as your first name, and your childhood street name for your last name.

I see now that Flash Arapahoe is NOT a finalist (grump). I thought it had that bootylicious vibe going with "Flash" (who was a goldfish) and that whole cultural appropriation thing with "Arapahoe." But I guess it can't compete with names like Velvet Valley, really.

No comments:

Post a Comment