Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Opposable Thumbs = Overrated

John had his second judo class this evening. Matt took him last week; today was my turn. It was hard to watch. My son, who doesn't hesitate to come at me from behind without warning and knock me down, is reluctant to take down a stranger, especially a kid a year older than him who he would like to be his friend. So he gets thrown a lot. He seems to enjoy the class, though, and was immensely proud of the judogi he got tonight.

When we came home, I found a bunch of banana skins, still attached at the top, empty. Six skins. All empty. On the floor. And Gorm wasn't making eye contact.

I really, really would have liked to have seen that while it was happening.

1 comment:

  1. Hilarious! At least it wasn't chocolate, eh?

    ReplyDelete