Friday, December 24, 2004

Up On The Rooftop...

John has a small (fake) tree in his room, a present from Great-Grandma a few years ago. We were sitting in front of it, coloring.

John: Is Santa real?

Me: What do you mean, honey?

John: I mean, is Santa real?

Me: What do you think?

John: I dunno. Is he?

Me: Some people --

John: Because I know the Santas I've seen before aren't. They're the helpers. I wonder if they're the elves! I bet that's it! The elves help Santa because he can't be everywhere at once and so they dress up like him and help him! I didn't get to see the real one this year, but I talked to an elf, I think, in Duluth. A helper.

Me: Oh.

John: So that's what I think. Do you like how I colored this?

Merry Christmas, y'all.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, god. In just under the line on that one. Whew!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I'm pretty sure Santa is based out of Duluth. ;)

    -lizzie

    ReplyDelete