Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Ten Years Ago

Ten years ago, I got a phone call from St. Petersburg, Russia. It was the publisher of The St. Petersburg Times, offering me the job of business editor.

From my journal, December 6, 1994:
I got the job today. I am so happy and so scared. Matt was thrilled. I'm afraid I'm falling for him.

Two years and a day later, I married my best friend.

The Edit Barn has been down the last few days as we celebrated our eighth anniversary. A couple things I learned:

Le Meridien in Minneapolis is an awesome place to stay to celebrate an anniversary and a massive charge on your credit card. Plasma-screen TVs in every room! A TV in the bathroom! Plus, it's union!

• Watching all three "Lord of the Rings" movies takes about as long as an average work day plus commute, but is a lot more fun. They hold up, too, all in a row.

• Going to IKEA is worth the hype. Buying from IKEA is not.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on your anniversary, Krup and Matt. I wish you many more in the years ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:43 PM

    Aww, that's a sweet story. Happy Anniversary!

    -helios, who loves her IKEA furniture

    ReplyDelete