Monday, December 27, 2004

Holiday Sweets

Today's blog is full of the cutest darn things a kid can say around Christmas, so if you've had enough of that, then shut off your computer and go do something else, you Scrooge.

* Before we opened our presents Christmas Eve, Matt's mom had a Christmas quiz that we read through for fun. One of the questions was, "In the song 'Frosty the Snowman,' what makes Frosty come to life?"

John tore in from the kitchen, shouting, "I know! I know! I know this one! LOVE!"

* John, upon opening the Power Ranger Night Vision Helmet from his great-grandma: "OH! WOW! THANKS, GRANDMA! THIS IS THE BEST POWER RANGER PRESENT EVER! IT'S EVEN BETTER THAN ALL OF MY POWER RANGER THINGS PUT TOGETHER!"

* My in-laws continued their Scandinaviazation of their daughter-in-law by giving me a sweater from Oda of Norway (which, don't get me wrong, I absolutely lurrrrrve). Maia walked up to me, pointed at my sweater, and scolded, "No mama! Grandma sweater!"

* John, upon opening a remote-control car: "Grandpa, read this here [pointing at a fancy typeface]. I can't read it because it's just too cool."

Here's hoping your Christmas was just too cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment