Monday, November 29, 2004

Things I Learned This Thanksgiving

1. My grandfather, before he was married, earned money by fighting traveling boxers that came through town. There's a story in there somewhere; I just need to pull it out.

2. My great-grandmother went through electroshock treatments in the 1930s.

3. Maia really means it when she says she wants milk instead of pop. No, really! And pass the broccoli!

4. John can get through a meal without putting his elbows on the table even once.

It was a good trip. Lots of good food, lots of good family times, laughter and warmth.

1 comment:

  1. Ellie's a milk and broccoli girl too. On Saturday I was making her a lunch of Thanksgiving leftovers and she flatly refused them all, from turkey to stuffing. She's not a picky eater, so perhaps this is because it was the third such meal in a row I'd offered her. Anyway, my mom pulled some broccoli out of the frig on a lark and that did the trick. Yum, broccoli.

    ReplyDelete