It really is the end of summer. John goes off to kindergarten tomorrow morning. Here are some things we accomplished at the Fair:
• John got a t-shirt from the smooth jazz radio station he loves. BIG thrill there. He immediately changed into it.
• I won NOTHING. @#$%!&* East German judges. I'm already plotting for next year.
• $30 worth of ride tickets goes slightly slower on Kids' Day. Not much slower, but a little slower.
• We saw Walter Mondale. Very cool.
• Maia went on her first carousel ride. She was gripped the pole tightly, then began to shake with fear as the horse moved up and down. After one down-up, she was screaming with laughter and joy. I wish I'd brought my camera, but that face will be in my mind forever, really.
• John found a ride he loved, too, called Flying Tigers, and his undiluted fun was wonderful to see.
• John bought, with his own money, a pink fluffy glittery stuffed unicorn with a silvery glittery collar. He can't decide whether to name her Pink or Silver.
• We ended the day with a nice slow ride on the skyride. Perfect.
• Mini-donuts, corn dog, fries and pop. No nutritional redemption whatsoever.