Wednesday, June 30, 2004

Rejection

So I didn't get the job mentioned two weeks ago. I just got a phone call from one of the people I interviewed with, who left a long message apologizing for not getting back to me sooner.

The person they hired had 16 years of experience in weekly newspaper publishing. Sixteen years! Maybe I'm just bitter, but I find that suspicious.

I didn't even want that job anymore, but that phone call made me sad. Especially because now I'm off to the bookstore to make lattes.

2 comments:

  1. Well, yeah. But I'm more disappointed on a "still-unemployed" level, not a that-particular-job level.

    I'm still hung up on the 16 years thing. That sounds more like a character flaw to me. Says the woman who had seven employers, plus herself, not including freelance clients, in 10 years.

    ReplyDelete